Dokar

Dokar
One mode of transportation

Friday, August 16, 2013

It's about time!!

For a new blog post I guess....(insert the bashful face)!  I apologize to those of you who look on here for details or updates.  See, the problem is I want it to be full of information, capture every detail and every cool picture of the culture we live in, but I just can't do that.  Too time consuming, and too frustrating for someone who is not tech savvy like myself.  So, I am going to try to settle to just put a little here and there as I can...better than nothing, right!?

Want to start off with the exciting progress of our teammates house building in the Dem tribe!  Two of the four units on our team, the Van Rensburg and Teall families have been given the go ahead to start building their homes in the Dem tribe, where we plan on moving into as soon as we can also.  We are very excited for them and wish we could be there to help and join them, but God has us patiently waiting as of now.  Here are some pictures of their houses coming along...

The Van Rensburg family's house progress....

June 2013


July 2013


August 2013




The Teall family's house progress...

August 2013





If you could please take some time to pray for all of us on the team going to Dem we would greatly appreciate it!  Especially Dylan Van Rensburg and Logan Teall as they are in there right now continuing to build their homes.  It is rough living until you have a house up.  It is hard to stay strong I am sure because of the elevation, the sleeping arrangements, the lack of food supply, etc.  Pray for them to stay in good health!   And pray for their wives who are at home with the kids in a foreign country without modern conveniences or family to help out.  It gets lonely and exhausting.  I myself am dreading that stage of J being away for so long!  Gives me whole new appreciation for those families who don't have a Daddy or husband, and thankful for those who serve our country...it is a great sacrifice for them and their families. 

As for our other teammates, the Currie family, who have not started the building process yet, they are hard at work studying the national Indonesian language in town right now, hoping to get checked out to start building soon also.  And as for us, we are busy on furlough...traveling, spending time with family, churches, and supporters, getting ready for our future move to Dem!  So, the prayer requests for that would be endurance for the Currie's and safety and profitable time for us.

So excited for these families and the future hope of meeting and living with the Dem tribe ourselves one day, hopefully soon!




No comments: