Dokar

Dokar
One mode of transportation

Sunday, May 1, 2011

This blogging thing is hard for me!

I don't know why, but somehow everything takes me longer to do than the average person and it doesn't help that I am a procrastinator by nature too! So, I think about updating the blog a lot, or catching up on ALL I need to catch up on on the internet, but somehow, it only gets worse! My mom is right! Life was so much simpler before all this technology! It is a blessing and a curse at the same time. I feel especially since moving overseas the reality of both of these aspects, the pressure and desire of keeping everyone up to date with life, including Grandma's with pictures and all that if I lived in the states wouldn't be necessary. I also am so thankful bc I can email my family and stay informed and see how everyone is doing and easily access anyone I need to! I cannot imagine how missionaries in the old days felt, so far disconnected from friends and family. Weeks, months between information passing, no photos of grandchildren or skype (PTL for skype!!!), etc, etc! So there you have it, I am very grateful for the technology we have, but I am still figuring out how to balance it in my life!:)

These last few months have been especially hard for me in accomplishing much besides language learning because I have been feeling very sick w/ this pregnancy. I am now 4 months along and feeling a little better as of this week. We are working as hard as we can with language and school right now since we will be taking a little over a month off to go to Seth's wedding and to visit J's sister in the tribe in Papua with his mom! We are VERY excited about all of this, so we are pressing on! Lots and lots of homework for me constantly. I am very thankful for my house helper bc I could not do it w/o her! Between being a pregnant mom, tutoring, school and homework, I had next to no free time last month. But it will all be worth it when we can pass our language checks and take sometime to be with family! We are looking forward to seeing our families so much and to be there for Seth and Nicole's big day!!! We are also looking forward to all the delicious food!:) LOL, I am just being honest! Also, we can't even imagine how awesome it will be to fly by helicopter into the Dao tribe and live among a real tribe for a week! We are praising the Lord for all His provisions and blessings!

Counting down the days!!! And one of these days, I just may catch up on all this jazz!:) For now, here are a few photos from the past few months:

Our very good friends, Ibu Yanti, Pak Cabi and Vina along w/ a cousin (at another wedding)

Helping with wedding preparations, making little rice snacks wrapped in banana leaves. Eden just stopped in w/ J to say hi bc I was gone all day, hence the helmet:)

This is us on our Superbowl Monday! Representing the steelers in Indonesia

My precious little Eden

J helped coach basketball at the International School, sorry I didn't get a better shot:/

Daddy and Eden about to leave for one of their errand dates! Eden LOVES going w/ daddy to run errands on the bike:) P.S. do you think she likes pink?!?!!!

1 comment:

The Claussens said...

Bri, you're so beautiful!! I love all the pictures! :)